September 6, 2013

NYC: Day Two

(Sorry it's taken me so long...  School....  Anywhoz, here bees Day Two!)
 

Day Two: Wonders Like I've Never Seen
 
Dad and I got up semi-early, visited the post office next door, and started making our way into the city.  There was literally so much to see.
 

Macy's.  THE Macy's.  I'm not a shopper, but if any of you are... be jealous.  C :

The Empire State Building!
The Empire State Building was soooo tall!!  It's great to look at from the ground... which is where I wanted to stay... so it was all good.  : )

The Starbucks on the first floor of The Empire State Building.  (I got Arwen a NYC mug from here, and she "LOVES IT!"  She claims she alternates between it and her North Carolina one.)

Grand Central Station!  Celebrating 100 years.
Before I go on, I need to explain something.  My mom is a huge Meg Ryan fan, and after we got a ClearPlay (best. thing. ever.), she showed us You've Got Mail.  Gracious, I was addicted the first time I saw it!  I mean, what's not to like?!  Anastasia and Woody fall in love over the 90's internet!!  Anyway.  It was set in NYC, and after I found out that I was going there, I started making a list of the places it was filmed and making Dad promise we could go.  We didn't visit Café Lalo ("Well... if you don't like Kathleen Kelly, I can tell you right now... you ain't gonna like this girl.") or Riverside Park on 91st Street (where the famous "Brinkley!" scene was filmed), but we did make it to Bryant Park, where they went through and bought a mango, among other things, and made plans to bump into each other "over there."  : )  Great scene.  : )  (Disclaimer: There's some language/objectionable content/STUFF in You've Got Mail that isn't really great, so... yeah.  Totally recommended if you have a ClearPlay or MommyPlay.  I might even do a review.  It's that good.)

Sooo pretty!
The Stage.  As in, this stage.  Totally totally spazzing out (to borrow a phrase that a friend uses frequently) when I took this picture!!!  Aaron was here!!!


 
This place is just so gorgeous!  It's a quiet haven in the middle of all of NYC's craziness.
 
 

 Behold.  I WAS THERE.   : )  After walking around the whole park and discovering that there weren't any benches, Dad just took my picture in front of a fence.  : )
 
We left Bryant Park, got a little lost, then headed towards Times Square.



THE PLACE WHERE THE BALL DROPS!!!  (And they keep the year up there just in case the Doctor comes and wants to know what year it is or something....)


Every major Broadway production had its own bus that they put their ads on.  So excited!!  Cinderella didn't have a whole bus, and it drove by before I could take a picture.  : (

Okay, so then we went into the Disney Store.  (I'm a child at heart.  C :)  It was two floors - the first one had Disney/NYC stuff (which I browsed for longer than I needed to but didn't buy) and Monsters University paraphernalia.  There was an escalator to go upstairs to the (HUGE) second floor.  Check out what was above it!

 
TANGLED LANTERNS!!  It was hard to take a picture while you're going down.  They look a ton better in real life.

The Hershey Store!!
To the right, outside of the frame, was the M&M Store.  Heehee....

This is where we ate dinner.  Sooooo good!
We stopped to eat lunch before our 2pm showing of Wicked (GAHHHH!!!!) at about noon and didn't want to be late.  We had no idea where we were in relation to the Gershwin and I wanted to be there by 1:15 (to allow time for fangirly gushing over the theater), so we just stopped and decided we'd find it later.  When I was done eating, I decided to take a picture of the sign, looked out the window in front of me, and CHECK OUT WHAT I SAW.

 
GAHHHHH!!!!!  I was literally bouncing in my seat, pointing it out to Dad.  We left the pizza place and headed towards the Gershwin.
 
Okay, so I uploaded all of my Wicked pictures, then decided that it needed its own post.  I mean, TOO MUCH AWESOMENESS!!!!  Seriously.  (I then took all the photos down and found out that they made up of, like, half my post!  Ha!)  So that post will be posted SOON.  I can't wait to tell you all what I thought, so it'll definitely be soon!

We ate dinner at Carnegie Deli, where we had a huuuuuuge sandwich!  So yummy!

World's Largest Hershey Bar in the Hershey Store!  Stopped in here to get a Reese's shirt for my younger sister, "Beatrice."


The ads in Times Square were just.... awesome.  : )

See what I mean???  Cinderella and Newsies!!!


The theater for The Lion King!  My grandma saw it when she went to NYC and loved it so much, she's taking us to see it next year!!  (Unfortunately, not in NYC.  Someday, Grandma - SOMEDAY!!!)

After scoping out the area to find the Broadway Theater where Cinderella was playing, we walked back to the hotel, got our luggage, and went to our second hotel....

 
...Which was significantly smaller.  I enjoyed it, though!  They had a "Galley" on each floor where you could make chai tea and cappuccinos.  I had a mocha cappuccino every night and peppermint tea every morning.  Sooooo yummy....

The view from our window!
 
Sadly, that's the end of Day Two.  It seems soooo short because I took out all my Wicked pictures.  : (  Next time, my fellow Ozians - next time!
 
~Eowyn~

6 comments:

Bella said...

Oh by word, that looks like so much fun!!! And your view from your window! Oh my goodness! Can't wait for more!

-Belle

Hayden said...

THERE WERE TANGLED LANTERNS IN THE DISNEY STORE????

I think you've helped me make my to-do list whenever I take a trip to NYC ;) You know...if that ever happens ;)

Anonymous said...

Belle - Yes, I had a ton of fun!! I KNOW!! I loved how the rooftops were staggered - smaller in the front and taller in the back. : ) So glad you enjoyed the pictures!


Hayden - YES!!!!! ISN'T THAT AWESOME?!?!?!?!!!!

Heehee..... Glad to help. : )

-Eowyn-

Alexandra said...

Gosh, how could this post be improved on? Tangled lanterns, you've got mail, Wicked, and AARON?!

Helloooooo. Lucky duck. I'd hate you if I didn't like you so much. :P

Katelyn said...

So glad you had fun on day 2!

The Tangled lanterns are AMAZING! And the Phantom bus :D yeah, big fan here! Can't wait to see your Wicked pictures!

Arielle Melody Bailey said...

WOWOWOW!!!!!! TERRIFIC pictures, Eowyn!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!

LOVE the Tangled lanterns, and the Times Square pics.

I tagged you here: http://thesplendorfalls.blogspot.com/2013/09/christmas-with-tittletons-tag.html!!