May 14, 2013

Elevensies Tag!

Rules:
- If you are tagged/nominated, you must post eleven facts about yourself.
- Then, you must answer the eleven questions the tagger has given you and make eleven questions for the people you are going to tag.
- Next, tag eleven more bloggers.
- Tell the people you tagged that you have tagged them.
- No tagging back.

 
Eleven Random Facts About Moi
 
1. I'm weird.  Plain and simple.  I'll watch Master and Commander or The Avengers one day and love it, then I'll go and watch something like You've Got Mail or Children On Their Birthdays or even Les Miserables the next day and love that just as much.  I have Pies and Prejudice (book 3 of The Mother-Daughter Book Club Series) on my bookshelf beside my bed, right under Theodore Boone: Kid Lawyer, right beside The Choice (by Robert Whitlow – check it out if you ever get the chance!).  Yikes.  : D
 
2. I'm a HUGE Faramir fan – as in, he's my favorite character in the entire LOTR trilogy.  (As if you didn't already know.....)  I like him more than Aragorn and Sam combined.  And I really don't like Frodo, but partially because of Elijah Wood's portrayal of him in the movie.
 
3. I'm getting my degree through CollegePlus, and planning on taking my first test (worth 6 credits!) today or tomorrow.  (I'm also planning on being the girl version of Blake Cadwell, who got 80 credits in 8 months – no joke.  Thus is my goal.  Graduate high school in '13, graduate college in '14.  *nods*)
 
4. I have two piano students.  And they've taught me more than I've taught them!!
 
5. I collect stamps.  (And used to organize them while listening to the 10th Anniversary Dream Cast of Les Miz.  "Yes... this is true.")
 
6. I'm a huge fan of Indie films.  October Baby is my favorite.  Seriously.  If you haven't seen it, go rent it now.  Go ahead – I'll wait for you.  Done?  Okay.  Moving on.  (You can thank me after you watch it in the comments section.)
 
7. I really like Josh Groban's voice and am planning on going to see him in August!  YAY!!!!
 
8. I'm not very picky with my food, but there are just some things I can't eat.  Like asparagus.  And steamed tomatoes that my mom so loves to put in soup.  And eggplant lasagna.  And grapefruit (and grapefruit juice).  Yuck.
 
9. Up until about a year ago, I didn't like dark chocolate.  (Horrible, I know.)  I still could do without white chocolate, and I think people who don't like chocolate are crazy.
 
10. I'm a hopeless Disney fan.  I love all of the old classics!  The Fox and The Hound was the first movie I ever cried in.  Ever.  And Aladdin's dad (in Aladdin and the King of Thieves) was my first childhood crush.  I recommended Tom and Huck to someone the other day and I've been really wanting to watch Newsies again.  I also like all of the 'forgotten' Disney films, such as The Iron Giant and The Adventures of Huck Finn (The '93 version with Elijah Wood – SO CUTE!!!).
 
11. I don't like rollercoasters.  Period.  Exclamation mark.
 
Eleven Questions for Me!
 
1. Have you ever ridden in a tractor? Or driven one?

I don't think so....  Oh, wait!  I think I've ridden in the bucket scooper thing (I don't know what its official name is....).  That was fun.  : )

2. Have you ridden a motorcycle?
No, but I've ridden on a dirt bike!  All by me onesies!  That was better than the tractor.  : D

3. What is your favorite national park?
Well, considering the fact I've only been to a very few, I'd have to say Blue Ridge.  The views are simply gorgeous!  When I publish my novel and become rich and famous, I'm going to have a summer home there.  (Hey....  Let a girl dream.)

4. Who is your favorite Contemporary Christian Music artist?
Tenth Avenue North, hands down.  I love their album Over and Underneath, but I also really like The Struggle.  Their lyrics are so deep!

5. Mexican, Italian or Chinese food?
Hmmmm.....  That's a hard one!  I really don't like Mexican, though (I just don't get spicy food – who wants to be in pain while they eat?), so that narrows it down.....  I can't really have Italian or Chinese food anymore, but I think, if I could have it....  I'd pick Italian.  (My family is part of a small church – nine families on a full Sunday – and whenever we vote for the theme for our next fellowship meal, it's always between Mexican and Italian.  And I'm always the only one who votes for Italian.  So, yeah....  We have Mexican a lot.)

6. Favorite type of cookie?
I don't really care!  Anything with chocolate!!!

7. Favorite fast food place to eat?
Anything fried!  If I were allowed to pick from anything – including stuff I'm not allowed to have anymore – I'd pick Chick-fil-A.  Yuuuummmmm.....

8. Do you have a green thumb?
Haha, I don't think so.  I tend to kill indoor plants, but my square of our garden outside is always the tidiest (even if it doesn't produce as much).  No idea how that happens....  : D

9. Do you prefer to write or type in a chair or at a desk?
It depends.  If I'm writing something like a letter or journal entry, I'll prefer to sit at a desk.  (I need something to bear down on.)  If I'm typing at my laptop, I can do it anywhere.  Literally.  I climbed up in a tree the other day and worked on my novel.  It was amazing!  (Although... it didn't last very long....  The branches hurt and I couldn't break them off because the tree was on my piano teacher's property.)

10. How many states have you visited?
Oh, wow.....  Ummm....  North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, Florida, Virginia, West Virginia, Ohio, D.C. (Yeah, it's not a state... whatever), Mississippi, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland....  I think that's it.  14 states.  (Wow.)  Although, I've been hearing rumors of a big cross-country road trip coming up, so that number will probably change.  : D

11. What international capital city would you most like to see?
EDINBURGH!!!!  My DREAM is to visit Scotland.  Probably for my honeymoon.  (Second place honeymoon destination is Disney World.  *nods*  Yup.)  I'd also like to visit London and Dublin and maybe even Paris, but those aren't quite as important.  : )
 
As for people I tag.....
 
 
And that's it.  I'm a little scatterbrained today, so that's all I can think of.  : D
 
Your questions are.....
 
1. What was the most recent movie you've seen and what did you think of it?
2. Would you rather live on the beach or in the mountains?
3. What's your favorite Disney Princess and why?
4. What's your favorite book?  (Or, if you can't decide, what are your three top favorite books?)
5. Would you rather live in Narnia, Middle-Earth, or 1860's England?
6. Who is your favorite movie or book character?
7. Have you ever heard of Focus on the Family's Father Gilbert Mysteries?  If so, what do you think of them?
8. If you could pick anywhere in the world, where would you want to live when you get married?
9. What's your favorite musical?
10. Cake or ice cream?
11. How many times have you been to Disney World?
 
One more thing....  I don't care if you tag me back.  : D
 
~Eowyn~

2 comments:

Hayden said...

haha. My first childhood crush was Aladdin's dad too! *laughs* wow. And here I thought I was original (although Han Solo quickly followed as soon as I was first introduced to Star Wars)

You don't like Mexican??? GASP. Mexican is my FAVORITE. But I hate spicy food also, so I have everything mild :)

Anonymous said...

Hayden - Hahahaha.... He's one of those ruggedly handsome dudes. I need to watch it again so I'm reminded of why I liked him! And then I'll do a blog post on ruggedly handsome heroes. : D Haha, nice! Han Solo reminds me of Tony Stark. (Rather, Tony reminds me of Han.) Anyway. : )

Heehee - we can't all like Mexican, m'dear. I get all of mine mild, too, but.... I dunno. I guess I have to be in the mood for it. I like enchiladas - does that count?

-Eowyn-