June 25, 2012

The June Crusade Tag!!

This tag looks like a fun one!! Anne gave me questions to ask my characters, and they're going to answer. (Let's see how crazy this gets....)


I'm going to do this with my two main characters (yes, you CAN have two main characters - "I believe I just did."), Nikki (15) and Alec (17).


(FYI, they're brother and sister. Clearing up a little boyfriend/girlfriend rumor that's going around.....)


Do you want a hug?
Nikki: Yes, please. All of this nonsense you've put us through has made me feel in need of a hug!
Alec: You? Hug... me? A writer hugging a character?! Talk about weird... I think four thousand words in three hours made you a little... um.... Oh, look, a shiny quarter!


Do you have any kids?
Nikki: No way!
Alec: Silly girl. You should know - you invented me.
Me: Heehee... that's true...


Have you killed anyone?
Nikki: No... unless hating counts...
Me: I don't think that's what Anne-girl meant.
Nikki: Then no. And I don't plan on it. Even though I feel like seriously wounding Liam and Kylie...
Me: Watch it, Nick. Alec?
Alec: Nope. Next question.


Love anyone?
Nikki: Besides Alec and Dad? No. Although... you've made Dylan start being friends with me and that's totally weird.
Me: I'll make him leave for a Christmas vacation.
Nikki: Thanks.
Me: Alec?
Alec: That's a personal question.
Me: I already know who you love.
Alec: That's because you're the writer. Duh!


What is your job?
Nikki: Oh, great. Um, I don't have a job. I'm a sister and a competitive ice dancer... very competitive.
Me: Oh, really? I didn't know that.
Nikki: Just wait til Nationals. *rubs hands gleefully* Liam and Kylie are in for it.
Me: I can't wait! Maybe I'll get to that tomorrow.... Alec?
Alec: My job? I don't have a job, either. I'm Nikki's brother.


What are you going to do when this tag is over?
Nikki: I think you had me going to Natalie's house. Or... um... something else. I was talking to Kate.
Me: Yeah, you were. No idea what you're doing next.
Nikki: Oh, great. That's just perfect. So I have to decide for myself?
Me: That's about it. Yeah.
Nikki: Then I'll take a nap.
Alec: I'm going to talk to Dylan. (Purple shotguns, heehee...)
Me: You can't talk about purple shotguns yet! That's later! With Nikki, remember?
Alec: How am I supposed to remember it if it's later?!
*crickets*
Me: Good point.


What is your greatest fear?
Nikki: Personal much?!
Me: Well, it's on the list! Be a good girl and answer, please.
Nikki: Ugh, fine. My greatest fear is that *whispers* Alec won't remember something.
Alec: Huh?
Me: I know what she's talking about, and you're not supposed to... yet. Your greatest fear?
Alec: That I won't be able to remember anything.
Me: You'll remember.
Alec: Really? Ooh, goody - spoilers direct from the author!
Nikki: Oh, shush!! Don't tell him any more! Next question!


What do you think of your parents?
Nikki: I love Dad a lot, and I loved Mom a lot. Didn't I just tell Kylie how much she meant to me?
Me: Yeah. That was good. *high five* You, Alec?
Alec: Well, at this point in my life, I have no idea who my parents are. (No idea who I am, actually.) So I can't really say what I think of them.
Me: This is a sad question. Thanks for making me tear up. Moving on.


Any siblings?
Nikki: *coughs*
Alec: Um.... Didn't you say that you were my sister?
Nikki: Yeah.
Alec: Then we're siblings.


Eye color?
Nikki: Um.... *runs to a mirror*
Alec: What about it?
Me: What color are your eyes? Don't be difficult, Alec.
Alec: Who's being difficult? I'm just asking. Goodness. I always thought that my eyes were red, but I think they're green.
Me: No, they're not. They're brown. Nikki, yours are blue.
Nikki: *comes back* Okay, thanks.


Are you good or bad?
Nikki: I have my good moments, and I have my bad moments. I'm a sinner saved by the grace of God.
Me: Good answer! Alec?
Alec: Uh.... From what I gather from Nikki's conversations with Natalie that I've read -
Nikki: Hey!
Alec: - I was mostly bad. But I'm working on myself. Being good and all.
Nikki: He's more like the old Alec now... and that's great.


Favorite season?
Nikki: Winter. I can practice on ice better than I can on roller-skates.
Alec: I don't know. Summer, I guess?


Who's your best friend?
Nikki: Natalie Fraser. Hands down.
Me: Did you know that she was named after Hadley Fraser?
Nikki: You're weird. Been watching too much of the 25th Phantom?
Me: No. Well.... I think I named Natalie right after I found out that Hadley was in the 25th Les Miserables. *coughs*
Alec: That's disgusting. I thought you liked Sir Percy!
Me: Who I like is of NO concern to you. (Although you are correct - Sir Percy is farther up on my heroes list than Hadley because Hadley isn't a hero. He just has a really good voice and does an amazing Raoul and a deep Grantaire. Moving on.) Who's your best friend?
Alec: I've recently discovered that Dylan was my best friend. (Unless Allie counts....)
Me: No, she doesn't.


Hobbies?
Nikki: I love ice dancing. And watching period drama films - you discovered that a few days ago. (Beating carpets?)
Alec: I don't know what I like, heehee, so I'll just say that I've liked reading whatever book I'm reading right now. You never named it, did you?
Me: Uh, no.... Wait!! The List by Robert Whitlow.
Alec: Oh, yeah! It's good. Intense and suspenseful - isn't that what I said?
Me: Yeah.


Do you care what others think of you?
Nikki: Yeah. More than I should, probably. I'm an introvert, and that probably doesn't help much.
Alec: Sort of. Right now I'm just trying to figure out what I think of me.


Was this interview fun?
Nikki: Yeah, I guess so. It was a good break from all of that nonsense you've put me through.
Me: Deepest apologies. Alec?
Alec: *yawns* Yeah, but it's made me tired. I'm ready to go home.
Nikki: Me, too. Can we go home now?
Me: Yeah, whenever I have time to write it.
Nikki: Good. I can't wait to see what happens next!
Alec: Me, neither. Hopefully I'll remember soon....?
Me: We'll see. I've been getting a little long-winded, heehee.


Wow, that was fun! Now for a little break before I start at it again. I just passed 35k this morning - woot! - and can't wait to finish!


BUT! Due to some news my family got on Wednesday, I don't know if I'll be able to finish my novel in time. We might have to take a sudden, long trip. (Exciting, exciting!!!) Any prayer would be great and appreciated! I'll have more news whenever I get more!


~Eowyn~

2 comments:

The Mad Elvish Poet said...

Lols! Loves it!

Anonymous said...

MEP - Heehee... that was way too much fun. : P

Eowyn