May 24, 2012

Randomness Yet Again

(Above, my adorable little brother with a ribbon from my younger sister's birthday present.  Isn't he just adorable?!)

Thanks so much for being patient with me, everyone.  I know there have only been crickets on my blog, and I'm soary.  (I've had the most hectic week of my life!  Well, maybe not my life, but definitely the busiest week of 2012!  Let's just say that I have had no free time.  Poor Sir Percy has been left in the Kindle, his life frozen right in the middle of saving a family in Sir Percy Leads the Band...)

I've been doing a lot of things lately - chiefly...

A piano EXAM.  The examiner was from England and had an accent - one of the only happy things about the exam.  He was so bubbly, he reminded me of Mr. Bingley!  "Do sit down," he said, motioning towards the piano seat.  Once I'd adjusted it, he asked, "All comfortable?  Good!"  I just wanted him to talk.  Forget about the pieces I had to play and things I had to sing!

A violin recital.  I played 'Adoration,' and didn't do quite as well as I'd like, but one of the moms said I did very well.  : )

Homeschool Day at Six Flags!  I only rode two rollercoasters - I can't stand them! - but I had an excessively diverting time talking to friends and parents of friends.

Daddy-Long-Legs by Jane Webster.  I finished it in about three sittings.  (I had to stop in the middle to study for a big history final I have sometime next week.  : P)  It was so good!  I seriously cried at the end.  Like, sobbed.  It's written entirely in letters - one-sided, mind you, yet very entertaining.  It's about a young orphan girl (a very promising young girl!) who gets chosen, by a trustee at the orphan asylum where she lives, to be educated at a college.  The man doesn't want her to know who he is, but she's supposed to write to him.  (She calls him Daddy-Long-Legs because she knows he's really tall.)  He never writes back, but that doesn't stop her.  Really good!  (Again, I sobbed at the end.  Tears of joy!)

I've started writing my first (well, technically second) post about Les Miserables.  It's about the music, and that's all I'll say.  : )

I've been writing a lot lately, too, which is a lot of fun because I didn't have much time this past school year.  I might post a bit of what I write soon.  Would you guys like to read it?

Well, we're going to watch Ivanhoe (starring Anthony Andrews... *sigh*) again because my dad hasn't seen it yet.  I'll close with a few random quotes that I've found over the course of the past few days.

"I do wish that mice and snakes and toads and angleworms are not so portable.  You never know what is going on in a perfectly respectable-looking child's pocket."
- Dear Enemy by Jane Webster

"It isn't the big troubles in life that require character.  Anybody can rise to a crisis and face a crushing tragedy with courage, but to meet the petty hazards of the day with a laugh - I really think that requires spirit."
- Daddy-Long-Legs by Jane Webster

And a quote that I found the other day that describes perfectly my absolute favorite color...
Green is the prime color of the world, and that from which its loveliness arises.
- Pedro Calderon de la Barca, 17th-century Spanish playwright

I'll try to get my next Les Miz post up soon, but I don't know when.  Thanks for your patience!

~Eowyn~

No comments: