April 14, 2012

An Apology, A Few Reasons, and One VERY Excited Girl

Hello, all! Deary me, it's been nearly ten days since I last posted - the scandal! : ) I've been VERY busy.... And that's also why I won't be posting again for another week or so. I really can't say. I'll try to do that thing where you can write something and it'll post later, but that usually gets all messed up - Blogger usually puts in some weird spaces and stuff. : P Anyway.

So here's why I won't be posting. On Wednesday, a friend is flying in from Washington and staying until Saturday. Mom is taking her, me, and Arwen (guess that should be "Arwen and I...." Whatever!) to a very pretty, resort-y place called Barnsley Gardens on Thursday, so be expecting some beautiful pictures of ruins and flowers. : ) That's where Mom and Dad spent their last anniversary and Mom said she wanted to take me there to do a photo shoot because it was so pretty! (It even has a helicopter-landing place! How convenient! Hehehe...)

Then, on Friday, I'll be in a piano competition. I've advanced to State! Wahoo! I'm really nervous, though. (If anyone cares, I'm playing Sonata Hob. XVI:4 by Joseph Haydn and Flood-Time by Eric Thiman - two very different pieces!)

Then, on Monday, Arwen and I will be in a Spring orchestra concert. We play at a university not too far away and it's been really fun! A huge challenge, but nothing I can't handle - ha! Being the expert violinist I am. (NOT!)

Then, on the 28th.... Sheer happiness and joy. My favorite birthday present. *sigh* My dearest sweetest grandmother and grandfather got Arwen and I tickets to see Les Miserables at The Fox Theatre! *runs around screaming... again* Thus the reason I've been so excited lately.

So, the other day, I was SUPER excited - like, more than normal. Guess what I found out? I was randomly perusing the Les Miserables 25th Anniversary Tour website (mainly to try to decide what I should buy - so many things to choose from and not nearly enough money!). I decided to look at the cast. Random, but I just thought, "Hey, why not?!"

Lo and behold, guess who is our Javert?!?!?!?! Hadley Fraser!!!!!

Okay, so, I realize that some of you probably don't know who that is.... I certainly didn't know or even care until a few weeks ago, when Arwen and I bought the DVD of the Phantom of the Opera 25th Anniversary Performance at the O2. Hadley Fraser played Raoul. Loved his voice and portrayal from the first minute he started singing, "Can it be... can it be Christine? Bravo!"

You can hardly imagine my excitement. Deary me, I was ecstatic, to say the least. And my friend told me how to get his autograph. Yahoo!

Anywho, THEN, right after, I went on over to Miss Dashwood's blog, telling myself, "Come on, girl. Calm down. It's just an actor in a musical you adore. You'll live." Boy, you should have seen me when I saw this, which she posted on her blog. (I can't embed it because of what happened last time [the video was half cut off].) There went my patience! : )

Anyway, that's why I haven't posted, why I probably won't be posting, and why I'm excited. There you have it.

Cya!
~Eowyn~

EDIT: Hello again... Two things. : )

First off, a lot of people are doing that thing where you ask them any question you want and they'll post their answers in a big blog post later. I'd do that, but I think you guys know me too well. : ) Anyway, if you still want to, feel free to ask away!

Second, who answered in my poll "What's 'The Scarlet Pimpernel?'" (The horror!) Directly go to The Daydream, a blog about all things The Scarlet Pimpernel and Sir Percy. Do not pass GO!

3 comments:

Alexandra said...

You're going to see Les Miz.

You lucky duck.

You're going to see Hadley Frasier.

Lucky duck x10.

I am so jealous!!! :-D

Eowyn said...

HA!! You're funny.

Don't worry, I'll post everything I can about it - how awesome it was, what I said to him, and even maybe a scan of his autograph. lol!

I'm so excited, it's not even funny!

~Eowyn~

Anonymous said...

Hehehe... I just remembered.

I was SO excited when I found out he was going to be in it, then I saw a picture of him as Javert, and I was like, "NO!"

Really depressing. Raoul is so awesome and Javert is so... not awesome! : P

~Eowyn~